Suddenly, bringing dessert is no small contribution to your next holiday gathering with this phenomenal coffee-infused cheesecake! Get ready to make heads turn with the delectable flavors of premium coffee and luscious cheesecake, enriched with Ganoderma lucidum. We use a blend of cottage cheese and Greek yogurt for that smooth, creamy texture that’s much lower in fat than traditional cream cheese. Add in the delicious taste of GanoCafé 3-in-1 and prepare to be amazed! We chose a simple graham cracker crust for convenience, but any cookie, chocolate or wafer crust would be excellent with the versatile coffee and cream flavor.
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 sachet GanoCafé 3-in-1
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 340F.
- In a food processor or blender, blend your cottage cheese and yogurt until smooth and no lumps remain.
- In a separate bowl, mix GanoCafé 3-in-1 with 3 Tbsp hot water. Add to blender along with eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and cornstarch. Mix for 1 minute, scraping down the sides and bottom and
mixing again for another minute or until everything is combined.
- Place prepared graham cracker crust in a springform pan, or if store-bought use the tin provided. Pour your cheesecake filling on top of your graham cracker crust.
- Bake your cheesecake for 1 hour, keeping an eye on your cheesecake and removing from the oven once set and cooked through. It should have a tiny bit of jiggle in the middle, however, they will be cooked through and your edges will just start to turn golden.
- Allow cooling completely before chilling in the fridge to prevent cracking. This cheesecake is best served chilled and will last 3 or so days in the fridge or can be chilled and defrosted later on.
Inspired by Southern In-Law at Southerninlaw.com
This recipe uses Greek Yogurt in place of cream cheese, which is a great source of iodine. Your body uses iodine as a chemical to help your thyroid function properly. Thyroid health is important for maintaining a healthy weight. In fact, iodine deficiency has been linked to rapid fluctuations in weight because of the effect it has on helping your thyroid to maintain balance in your body. Desserts that use iodine-rich Greek yogurt, and Ganoderma lucidum, could actually help you keep your weight goals!